Listen to our radio shows
Listen to Promotional for FFHC 2013 Radio Shows on WVON 1690
1st Show on WVON 4-21-13
- Introduction to the “New Man” Project of Fathers, Families and Healthy Communities (FFHC)
- 1st Show on WVON 4-21-13.mp3
2nd Show on WVON 4-28-13
- Discussion with an FFHC Member on his role as an African-American fathers. Also, a dialogue with Bill Lowry of the Chicago Community Trust on the role of philanthropy in the Chicago community.
- 2nd Show on WVON 4-28-13.mp3
3rd Show on WVON 5-5-13
- Discussion with Dr. Maulana Karenga regarding Rites of Passage programs.
- 3rd Show on WVON 5-5-13.mp3
4th Show on WVON 5-12-13
- Mother’s day show with Dr. Betsyanne Harvey (the mother of host Dr. Kirk E. Harris) and Teresa Prim-Lawrence (the wife of host Sequane Lawrence) discussing the role of Black mothers in the family.
- 4th Show on WVON 5-12-13.mp3
5th Show on WVON 5-19-13
- Susan Taylor (former Editor of Essence Magazine) discusses her national mentoring initiative. Also, Helen Mitchell (staff-Congressman Danny Davis) discusses national policy important to Black men.
- 5th Show on WVON 5-19-13.mp3
6th Show on WVON 5-26-13
- Karin Norington Reaves of Chicago Cook Workforce Partnerships talks about workforce development issues in Chicago with Sequane Lawrence highlighting innovations in worker-owned cooperatives.
- 6th Show on WVON 5-26-13.mp3
7th show on WVON 6-2-13
- Dr. Joseph West of Siani Urban Health Institute and Dr. Angela Odom-Young of the University of Illinois at Chicago discuss health, well-being and nutrition in the African-American community.
- 7th Show on WVON 6-2-13.mp3
8th Show on WVON 6-9-13
- Kenneth Braswell of Fathers Incorporated and the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse and Joseph Jones of the Center for Urban Families discuss national Responsible Fatherhood issues.
- 8th Show on WVON 6-9-13.mp3
9th show on wvon 6-16-13
- On the Father’s Day Show Phillip Thomas of Chicago ETA Theater talks about art and culture in the African-American Community and Leslie M. Gordon discusses her book on influential Black fathers.
- 9th show on wvon 6-16-13.mp3.mp3
10th Show on WVON 6-23-13
- Ending 2013 Season with renowned author and publisher Haki Madhubuti. Haki Madhubuti in the first broadcast interview on his new book, discusses “The Diary of Malcolm X”.
- 10th Show on WVON 6-23-13.mp3
- Father Profile: Larry MorrisI view my future as being bright. As long as I can support and provide for my children and keep […]
- Father Profile: James GilliamAs statistics show, children without fathers in their home tend to go astray. It will affect all of […]
- Father Profile: Reggie LeeI have the mindset to succeed and continue to be a great father for both of my children. Reggie Lee […]
- Father Profile: Darnell WatkinsIt’s my responsibility to keep an eye on the community. Darnell Watkins, who grew up in what he […]
- No events